The aspects covered by the module include but are not limited to:
- proposal writing and design of sustainable development projects
- feasibility assessment
- strategies for ensuring sustainability
- project appraisals and reviews
- investment and financial planning
- project risk identification and mitigation
- procurement and compliance
- staffing and HR development
- reporting standards
- codes of conduct, anti-fraud and anti-corruption strategies
- monitoring and evaluation
During all phases of the project cycle, sustainability approaches that help to ensure the continued flow of benefits after the end of the intervention will be discussed. Strategies for increasing compliance, preventing fraud and corruption, and how to maintain good conduct are discussed on the basis of case studies of existing development projects. Understanding of the various problems that might occur in project management and tools for its mitigation are developed in class. Students will be required to draft a project proposal.
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Oliver Serfling
Registration for this course:
1. Fill out the form in the sign up button below. Your application will be forwarded to Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences and they will turn to you about about the following step.
2. Since this is an ECTS course from Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences, an additional university registration is necessary. You will get all relevant information when you have been admitted to the course.
Your registration is successful, when you get a confirmation email.