Debating Development – Exploring our position in international development practices
This course deals with different perspectives involved in the debate around development. There will be three building blocks:
- mainstream development
- rethinking development
- planning of individual development projects
The idea is to introduce different viewpoints from politics, practice and academia which are involved in development thinking and planning as well as to critically reflect on these viewpoints by designing individual development projects related to the students’ background.
On successful completion of the course, students will:
- know about different positions of development pathways
- be able to critically reflect development literature and development practices and understand their perspectivity
- be able to position themselves ontologically and epistemologically in the development debates (deliberation of personal positionality)
Lecturers: Franziska Geiger and Katerina Brandes
Registration to this course:
1. Fill out the form in the sign up button below.
2. Your registration is successful, when you get a confirmation email from us.
No ECTS can be gained in this course.
Receive a signed participations certificate with the AGEP’s and DAAD’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.